How to apply for a Swedish Student Visa – Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to successfully apply for their Swedish Study Visa.
- Confirm your admission to a Swedish university and prepare the documents as per the checklist mentioned above
- Confirm health insurance (if applicable)
- Fill the residence permit application form online by logging to Migrationsverket Website.
- Upload the documents and submit your application.
- Pay the visa fee of SEK 1,500 through a Visa/ Mastercard
- Receive confirmation from the consulate/ embassy
- Submit your biometric information and photograph at the nearest embassy/ consulate office of Sweden on receiving the email
When and where to apply for the student visa in Sweden?
You can apply online on the Swedish Migration Agency website or at the Swedish embassy or consulate in your country.
If you chose to apply online, the processing time will start right away and will be shorter, since the documents directly reach the Swedish Migration Authority.
This period is influenced by the amount of information that your file contains. You should make sure your file has all the required documents, in order to avoid adding information after you apply.
Visit the Swedish embassy or consulate from your country to be photographed and fingerprinted and to receive your residence permit card.
The decision regarding your visa is announced via email and you will be required to make an appointment and collect the decision. The decision document is also sent to your university.
You should apply for the student visa as early as possible, since the regular waiting time is around two – three months. When you apply for the visa at the local embassy, you should also present the original versions of the documents you bring.
Tips about my visa application
- You will have to go through an interview when you submit your visa application.
- Make an appointment at the embassy to schedule an interview.
- Remember to bring your passport and original copies of the documents.